Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Reps


This is exactly how I look in a bikini.

The following 3 things are true:

I like to work out.
I don't like to be told what to do.
Brock is a personal trainer.

So, it would make perfect sense that Brock would train me at our gym. Now we have done this for years but this was the first time that he was going to "officially" train me, meaning he was going to design work-outs around my fitness goals not his. One week into the training, things were going great. I was starting to notice definition in my arms and we were have fun. On week 2, Brock announced that he was going to introduce some speed work into the workouts, and this is where the wheels started to fall off. Here's how it went.

Brock: (pulling out the bench) Ok, we are going to do speed and foot work.
Me: Why?
Brock:  Because you need it.
Me: (eye roll)
Brock: Ok, here is what you are going to do. Stand on the side of the bench, put your foot closest to the bench on the bench, push off with your other foot and as you put your other foot on the bench drop the other foot on the opposite side and push off again, do that for 25 times.
Me: Why do I need to do this?
Brock: This is for explosiveness and power.
Me: When in my life to I need explosiveness?
Brock: Vacuuming, for starters.
Me: Are you kidding me?
Brock: And also yard work.

We have not been back at the gym together since.

Explosive vacuuming!

No comments:

Post a Comment