Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Scrabble App


No doubt that Brock and I will be remembered as two of the most prolific spellers of our generation. It is our love of the English language and our zest for grammar which feeds our soul. Therefore, it was no surprise that Brock came home excited about the new iphone Scrabble app that he down loaded. This app allows you to have ongoing Scrabble games with multiple people around the world, or in Brock's  case, the Math teacher at the school he works at. The game was going something like this....

Brock: Hey, is "tinso" a word?
Me: Can you use it in a sentence?
Brock: I like tinso on my Christmas tree.
Me: No, its tinsel.
Brock: Ok..... what is a word that starts with "Xm"?
Me: I don't think there is a word.
Brock: Really? That sucks.
Me: Sucks big time. 
Brock: Ok then, how about a word that starts with "Zr".
Me: I don't think that word exists, either.
Brock: This game is hard.
Me: I know, right?
Brock: Is there "u" in  "Kwanzaa"?
Me: No. What's the score by the way?
Brock: 198-49.........I have the 49.


Tinso, in a variety of colors



No comments:

Post a Comment